After the keynote from yesterday I was very curious for more project Avalon information in the General Session, so here’s another quick bulletlist with info gathered during the General Session on day 2 of the Citrix Synergy San Francisco 2012:
(As I ran late joining the live stream, I missed the first half, so alot of quoted tweets in the first list)
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr: XenServer Foundation of Public Clouds ~80% of Public Clouds use it! + On Premise / Private Data Centers
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr: Cloud is NOT top down but instead according to @GevaPerry, it’s about bottom up adoption (More on: http://ThinkingOutLoud.com)
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr: @GevaPerry: Amazon Web Services Adoption (Bottom Up) = Developers ^ IT Execs ^ CIO
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr: AWS Cloud is Horizontal not Traditional Vertical vServer stack = Availability zones = start small, scale fast!
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr: Apache Foundation = Apache + Tomcat + Hadoop + Cassandra <Caution: Not all data fits well into Hadoop construct>
- via @matthewsmall: @michaelcrandell and @rjgeyer showing off a custom PaaS built on RightScale API – “the IT Vending Machine”NetScaler now with Amazone Web Services
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr: NetScaler = load balance + auto-detect + enables ‘Thin’ Provisioning + seamless scaling
- via @netscaler: NetScaler now with Amazon Web Services
- via @citrix: Learn more about NetScaler 10 for Amazon Web Services: http://bit.ly/IYCtKN
- Nathan Day, Chief Scientist SoftLayer, takes the stage for a demo
- The demo is no more than a pre-recorded walkthrough of how to configure the NetScaler CloudBridge with SoftLayer
- CloudStack for Infra, Dev&Test, Mobile Apps, DR, BYO Platform, Apps&Desktops, <YourService> ( http://pic.twitter.com/qZXCdEZp)
- Sungard’s announcement for #CloudStack; (http://pic.twitter.com/oV4OJ8iy)
- John Dillon Engine Yard CEO and Bill Platt SVP Product take the stage and talk about PaaS
- Here it is, project Avalon!
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr: #ProjectAvalon = Elasticity + Scale + Autonomic + Metering + Biling + Accountabiltiy + Self-Service
- first project Avalon demo: XenDesktop – choice where your desktops will run, including Cloud services
- Cool first demo for XenDesktops combined with #CloudStack, provision desktops in the cloud and host them from anywhere
- #ProjectAvalon: use CloudPortal Service manager to connect users to advertised services w/ App&Desktop Orchestration plugin
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr: Cloud Services Portal = PVS on steroids but still easy to use
- “A few simple clicks to get your users productive, that’s what we call Service Orchestration”
- “Citrix Apps Studio is the incarnation of project Rainmaker” -> A good use to empower Service Orchestration!
- One more thing …
- Updating your server , just point your workload to the new server and let it do it’s magic 🙂
- via @TwistyRoadsCrvr:
#ProjectAvalon One more thing = point workload to ‘new’ server; over time will drain users and transition to new server =)
- More to come !!! … CloudPortal, ShareFile, CloudBridge, NetScaler and CloudGateway integration as well
- Read all about it on Citrix Blogs – Project Avalon What does this mean to me? http://bit.ly/J1kcps (from yesterday’s keynote)
You can watch the Citrix Synergy SF 2012 General session on CitrixTV: http://www.citrix.com/tv/#videos/5745.
Pingback: Planet Xen