YES!!! It’s that time of the year again. The buzz is zooming loudly. The talk of the town is all about Citrix, great visions, new strategies and great new product announcements.
I’ve locked myself in my room, barricaded the door and keep checking news and live feeds and social media trending topics to join the excitement on the latest announcements, key notes and some in-dept sessions to get a glimpse of what Citrix has in store for us for this year.
So what did I discover yesterday from the buzz so far:
- Citrix releases NetScaler VPX Release 10.1 Build 112.13.nc via Ervik.as
- Citrix Blogs: A recap on blogs covering the Excalibur tech preview…
- The latest from Synergy is that Citrix Profiling (application streaming) is no longer supported in Excalibur, it’s all App-V from here on via @BasVanKaam.
… But more importantly: what would Mark Templeton share with us during today’s keynote?
Hiding in my room did not make me skip my running practice, which unfortunately was planned at the same time as the keynote. So armed with a fully charged phone and earplugs I settled for the next best thing: multi-tasking. Which meant I followed the live feed on my mobile phone, while trying to keep up with all the training exercises. How’s that for making modern technology work for ya and getting all pumped up during the keynote 😉
So here’s a short list of the biggest announcements from the keynote and the corresponding blogs and news articles to provide you with some additional information:
- The first release of Project Avalon will go live as XenDesktop 7 (f.k.a. project Excalibur) and will have XenApp integrated in it.
Read all about it in this Citrix Blog. Release date is June 2013
- Check out the XenDesktop 7 features here (Citrix Login required).
- Free Introduction to XenDesktop 7 training
- New ShareFile StorageZone Connectors, StorageZone options for Windows Azure and integration with XenMobile. Read more in this Citrix announcement
- XenMobile Enterprise (and the MDM and App editions): Citrix announcement
- New Mobile Apps to accompany XenMobile and the Worx App SDK to create your own mobile apps: Citrix announcement
- DesktopPlayer for Mac, Windows virtual desktops to go: Citrix Blog
- NVIDIA’s next generation NVIDIA GRID vGPU integrates with XenDesktop and allows the usage of virtual GPU’s: NVIDIA site
Update: The keynote is online and can be watched on Citrix TV here.
And finally some links to other blogs posted on today’s keynote from the community: